"Kindreds" is a limited edition two piece resin sculpture by San Francisco based artist Martin Hsu.
This second color edition is titled "Midnight" and is limited to 50 (2-piece) sets worldwide.
Exclusive to DesignerCon 2016 and available at Martin's studio event on Sunday December 11th.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Only 50 (2-piece) sets produced worldwide.
- There will be a limited quantity of Kindreds available for purchase online.
- There is a limit of 1 "Midnight Kindreds" per person. We will be checking orders for duplicates
- You will be charged as soon as you place your pre-order and your piece will be guaranteed.
- Orders will be shipped right after DesignerCon 2016
- You may order this piece to be picked up at DesignerCon at Martin Hsu's Booth #220. You must pick up your order yourself.
- Please also note that you will need a valid DCon Badge to enter the Exhibition Hall and a valid ID to verify your order.
The Protector and the Little One are inseparable kindred spirits. The ever faithful Protector dutifully keeps watch as the Little One plays in the sunshine at a short distance and shelters them underneath its stoic body when the weather turns foul. The two have a deep unspoken bond.
"Kindreds" is a limited edition two piece resin sculpture by San Francisco based artist Martin Hsu. This second color edition is titled "Midnight" and is limited to 50 (2-piece) sets worldwide. The work embodies the important themes of kinship and strong relationships between the denizens of the immersive world that Martin has been creating for the past decade.
The two figures can be arranged in multiple ways. The Little One has been designed to sit comfortably atop the head of the Protector, play by its side or fit perfectly underneath the body of the larger figure.
The PowerCore team worked closely with Martin lending its production expertise to help realize the artist's vision. Hand cast in resin, "Kindreds" stands 7 inches tall when arranged together and weighs two pounds with a polished stone-like finish. Each piece is signed by Martin Hsu and comes with a unique PowerCore Certificate Card that identifies each piece as unique and original. Additionally, the card unlocks collectors access to exclusive online content.
- Stands at 7" tall
- Weighs 2lbs
- Made of solid resin
- Hand made in California
- DCon 2016 Exclusive
*This item is not eligible for free shipping*
A limited number will be available to reserve online for those who cannot attend DCon 2016.
Please read the FAQ carefully before purchase!
"Midnight Kindreds" by Martin Hsu